Road Hazards

Go down

Road Hazards

Post by gheto on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:41 am

Many accidents happened because of the concrete blocks along the created "U" Turn Slots of the past administration.

I was almost a victim of these concrete blocks along Quezon Avenue. I was crawling along traffice-heavy Quezon Avenue then past 7pm amidst heavy downpour when I almost got my car headed to a non visible concrete block. Fortunately, my fast reflexes helped me out to a would be fatal accident.

My point is that the concrete blocks should not be in our highways and road networks. Worst, concrete blocks are hardly visible during ngiht time especially even during light rain or drizzle.

I do not understand the folly of using "U" turns when there were originally intersections with traffice lights and previous "U" turns that are more safe and efficient which are now blocked and closed by the previous administration. The current "U" turns are guided by hazardous concrete blocks that are there permanently even if there are no vehicles using them. They are permanent bottlenecks that aggravate traffic unlike the previous and properly designed and engineered "U" turns that do not create bottleneck sections of the road and do not employ concrete blocks because roads were designed wider at sections of the "U" turn slots.

The current "U" turns are contributary to wasteful use of gasoline/diesel. BEcause drivers have to manuever their way out in the tremendous traffic resulting from these "U" turns on top of going more miles to make a "U" turn instead of directly making a left or right turn on the previously opened traffice intersections.

Please conduct a truly sensible study to prove me wrong. I have been cruising the roads of Metro Manila before the previous MMDA made a mess out of them by creating fences, blocking effiecient "U" turns and intersections by concrete blocks. Out roads are like war zone areas with all the barricades and concrete blocks.

Hanap ng Bayan ay pagbabago at kaayusan!

gheto

Back to top Go down

Re: Road Hazards

Post by Chiqui Ape on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:13 pm

please check this Australian Vicroads website..

we can learn from their road and traffic rules.

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/

cheers

Chiqui Ape

Back to top Go down

Post by gheto on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:10 pm

RE: Chiqui Ape's www.vicroads.vic.gov.au

Metro Manila Roads are far from Australian roads. You really need a lot to learn.

We just hope that MMDA will conduct an in depth and honest study. Sana pag mali tanggapin na at huwag ng magpalusot para sa kaginhawaan ng lahat.

gheto

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum